Ingredients (for two people)
· 2 large green mangoes (Nam Dok Mai) or you can use some other types of green mango like Elephant Mango, slightly difference in flavour but will do the job.
· 2x large granny smith apples
· 2 cloves garlic, sliced and pan fried till golden colour, some Asian supermarket sells ready pack.
· 200gm beef, any part will do, I normally use legs.
. Some palm sugar, or normal sugar
. 1 lime squeezed in juice
. 3 tablespoons fish sauce
. 1 tablespoon sesame oil or peanut oil
. 30gm of roasted peanuts, fine crushed
. 5 Stems of shallots
. Some salt and pepper
. Some red Thai chilli depending on how spicy you wanna go
1. Peel mango first and use the large side of the grater to grate mango into long slices, same way for the apples;
2. Slice the beef thin and quickly pan fried (not too cooked, I like normally just half raw)
3. Mix together the sugar, lime juice, fish sauce, oil and salt and pepper to taste. Stir till the sugar dissolved. Add in the peanuts and chili;
4. Add the dressing to the mango and hand mix till all sauce getting into the salad and ready to serve!