** Listing is for One Piece ONLY size 1 square metre per piece
** The image shows 4 pieces of interlocking style.
TATAMI JIGSAW INTERLOCKING FLOOR MATS
The Morgan 2cm interlocking jigsaw mats are the mat to purchase when you're looking for a quality flooring surface for your martial arts studio or at-home workout area. Our 2cm thick martial arts interlocking mats work well for Karate and Taekwondo participants as well as those practising other striking arts. The dual colours universal locking mats are also great for creating patterns and designated training areas inside your Dojo or fitness centre by allowing the mats to be flipped over to expose the reversible colour. Our mats are supplied as a 1m x 1m x 2cm thick surface area with 4 pcs of additional edging to seamlessly finish of the laying process in your centre. Made in Taiwan under the strictest of quality control standards our jigsaw mats are used by 100’s of schools and fitness centres Australia wide.
These interlocking Karate mats are constructed of firm, high-quality ethylene vinyl acetate (EVA) foam. The tiles offer a traditional Tatami surface finish specifically designed for bare feet, as well as soft shoe footwork and striking moves. The surface is perfect for allowing quick movements from participants and athletes, which is important for Karate and Taekwondo. The EVA material for each of our 2cm thick Karate mat tiles carries a Shore A 40-45 density rating. The tiles contain materials that are safe for children. The EVA foams are extremely durable and do not absorb liquids. T his is a special type of closed cell foam. It costs a bit more than open cell foam, but those types of foams potentially will absorb moisture, which can lead to problems with odour, mould and mildew.
- High grip Tatami finish
- Universal locking pattern - great for creating patterns
- 1-meter square
- 4pcs edging included
- Mats can be washed with detergents
- 100% EVA 40-45 degree (shore A) hardness (this is the recommended shore grading for karate and Taekwondo mats, any higher in value and the mats become too dense and lose their effectiveness and overall safety for users especially when practising jump kicks and other movements with excess stress on leg joints)
- Made in TAIWAN under strict quality control
- Available in dual/reversible colour
- Deep Jigsaw pattern to eliminate mats pulling apart when in use
- 3 & 4cm mats are approved by NSW tactical police training centres and have been used for ADF training facility fit-outs
Note regarding the expansion of mats by Phil Chapman from Sensei's Martial Arts Supplies, Sydney:
"I have been selling Morgan 2, 3 & 4cm mats for 12+ years and found them to be the best tatami jigsaw mats available in Australia, a problem that sometimes may occur for 2cm mats is that people do not leave enough room for expansion, mats expand during the day and contract at night, this is typical of either very hot tropical areas or very cold areas, if you have 20 in a line you may get an expansion between 20 to 30 mm. To avoid this problem always consider going up to 3cm or 4cm mats"